For our 2018 convention, we’re heading to Seneca Falls, NY, (actually mentioned on page 89 of Freddy Rides Again) and the Gould Hotel over Columbus Day weekend. Our general membership events will be held on Sunday, 10/7 through Monday evening, 10/8. If you’re planning to attend, please fill out and submit the form below. In addition, be sure to reserve a room at the hotel (information below) or make whatever arrangements you need to stay in the area.
Preliminary program plans include:
- An Appreciation of Jinx, the Cat
- Women in Freddy’s World
- What Sorts of Kids Like Freddy Books?
- An Investigation Into the Treatment of Canadians in the Freddy Books (and maybe even a Canadian Thanksgiving dinner!)
- Who Said That? Quotes from women in the Freddy books
- And much more (especially if YOU do a presentation!)
Anyone is welcome to give a presentation. If interested, please contact convention chair Randy Cepuch at “randycepuch” via gmail or make a note of it in the comments field provided.
The Gould Hotel is holding a block of rooms for Friends of Freddy members at a rate of $99/night (including breakfast) for the Sunday and Monday nights – a whopping discount over the usual $189- 259/night rate. The hotel itself is a “boutique” establishment featuring 48 very comfortable rooms on four floors. Take a peek at http://www.thegouldhotel.com/. Reserve now by calling 877-788-4010 and specifying the Friends of Freddy rate.